Getting to Krupa
Krupa na Vrbasu lies 25km south of Banja Luka, the capital of the region. Banja Luka has a train station where trains from Zagreb and from Sarajevo arrive both twice a day and both 5 hours.
The main bus station is served by numerous international bus lines (check also your local Eurolines branch).
- For the Belgium and Netherlands: Semitours (Tue, Thu, Sat)
- For France: Eurolines (Sunday, or three times a week to Zagreb, Croatia)
- Denmark, Sweden: Toptourist, Neobas
- Germany: Salinea, Globtour
- …or see at Centrotrans (Polazište means place of departure)
There is a small airport a bit north of Banja Luka. Most people, however, fly on Zagreb or Belgrade airport. From there there are regular buses to Banja Luka. Other regional airports are: Sarajevo (5h by bus), Ljubljana (5h), Split, Zadar.
Since early 2013 there are direct flights (Wizzair) from Gothenburg and Malmö (Sweden), Basel/Mulhouse (Switzerland/France) and Eindhoven (Netherlands) to Tuzla in Bosnia.
Contact us if you need specific information on travelling or if information in local language is confusing you.
- If you come from direction of Sarajevo, choose a bus coming through Travnik and Jajce. This bus will continue to Krupa before arriving in Banjaluka. Do not take the bus which goes over Doboj, as it will not pass Krupa.
- We don’t know if at the bus station of Sarajevo you can buy tickets for Krupa, so if not, get a ticket for Banja Luka instead. Remember to make sure the bus doesn’t goes over Doboj. Ask the driver to let you out in Krupa. Krupa comes 25 km after Jajce, the town with the big waterfall.
- If you come from Zagreb, take the bus to Banja Luka.
- When you arrive in Banja Luka, you change to the bus to Krupa. This bus is a local line and it is operated by BOČAC tours. Take either the bus to “3: Krupa n/V – BOČAC“, “4: AGINO SELO” or “6: Krupa n/V – KRMINE“. This bus leaves from the departure place of the city buses, which is different then the intercity bus station where you will arrive from Zagreb or other foreign cities. It is at the left (North) of the train station (“Zeljeznicka Stanica”), which is 200 meters from where you arrive at the main bus station. It indicates Krupa on sign in the bus.
- The BOČAC buses leaves from the trains tation at:
Weekdays+Sat: 06:50h (bus 3), 10:00h (bus 4), 11:45h (4), 13.00h(6), 13:30h (3), 14.30h (6), 15:10h (4), 17:45h (4), 19:10 (4) & 22:05 (3)
Sunday: 06:50h (3), 11:45h (4), 15:10h (4), 19:10h (4)
The ride costs 3,5 KM (Konvertibilni Maraka, ~€1,75) and takes about 40 minutes. You cannot pay with Euro’s!
This bus goes straight through the center of Banja Luka, so there is also the possibility to catch it in the center; for example from the stara autobuska stanica (“old bus station”), behind the Museum of Contemporary Art, a few minutes after it leaves from the train station.
- Taxis are relatively cheap, but 25 kilometers to Krupa might be a bit too much.
- We encourage using the convention FB group to coordinate coming and leaving to Krupa.